Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shamrock Jeonty O'Grady

Yesterday was a very difficult day for me, because we had to put our 14 yr old Glen of Imall Terrier to sleep. Shamrock, or Shammy, just suddenly was unable to eat anymore, and her arthritis had become very painful for her. We took her to the vet twice this weekend, hoping there would be something we could do for her, but it seemed that her time was drawing up, and we didn't want to see her starve. She had lost her spunk, she, until this weekend had not been her age, very energetic for a fourteen year old girl, wagging her tail uncontrollably. So when she wasn't running for the door, or getting all excited, or eating food offered to her, we knew something was up. Yesterday, we said goodbye for the last time.

In June we will be taking her ashes up to perhaps powder face or another mountain for her last hike, she loved the mountains, and because she was getting older didn't get to go on our long excursions this last year, her arthritis, and she was just older, and got tired easier. We are going to scatter her ashes where she would enjoy most, and it just hurts inside to think that she wont be able to go up there herself.

I am leaving for Whistler B.C tomorrow with our senior band for our year band trip, I am excited and nervous at the same time. Hopefully everything works itself through, and that we all play to our optimum potential. I am sad that I will be missing the backdoor, along with Sunday school and church, but I am also excited for the trip, and I think it is needed. I will however miss Finnegan, I am feeling really attached to him now.

No comments: